I love South Africa! It is such an amazing country with so much to offer in terms of nature, unique experiences, amazing scenery and tasty food!
Kruger is obviously the most famous for its safaris and wildlife, but I also highly recommend renting a car to experience the spectacular Blyde River Canyon while in the area. If you are coming from Johannesburg, it takes some 4h to drive to the starting point of the Panorama route along which the canyon is. From the canyon, it takes some further 1-2 hours to reach the central and northern parts of the Kruger National Park.
Here a summary of my posts about the amazing Kruger and Blyde River Canyon
- What to pack for your African safari?
- Things to know when planning your safari in Africa
- The scenic route to Kruger From Johannesburg
- Blyde River Canyon & Panorama Route are simply stunning
- Full day trip to Kruger National Park was long but worth it
- Sunrise & Sunset game drives at Grietjie Private reserve & viewing from our lodge were some of the best parts of our trip to Kruger
- Casart Game Lodge at Grietjie Private Reserve in Kruger was amazing
- Drive from Kruger to Johannesburg airport is long but easy