You can easily cover the highlights of Tanzania in little over a week. In our case that meant splitting our time between the amazing beaches of Zanzibar and the safaris in the Arusha/Kilimanjaro region. For those interested in climbing, there’s also Mt. Kilimanjaro and slightly smaller Mt. Meru.
But. Even if we covered the highlight in a little over a week, Tanzania is such amazing country that I’d easily spend there couple of weeks.
Here summary of my posts on Tanzania:
- Things to know when planning your safari in Africa
- What to pack for your African safari?
- Tanzanian safari: Arusha & the idyllic Karama Lodge
- Tanzanian Safari: The large plains of Serengeti
- Tanzanian Safari: Ngorongoro crater takes your breath away
- Tanzanian Safari: Tarangire & our encounter with a leopard
- Tanzanian Safari: Visiting a Masai village and our first night camping
- Tanzanian Safari: Visits from elephants to our campsite
- Zanzibar: From airport in Stone Town to Paje
- Zanzibar: Ndame Beach lodge has bungalows right on the beach in Paje
- Zanzibar: Snorkeling is amazing at in Paje
- Zanzibar: The authentic village of Matemwe & Snorkeling at Mnemba island
- Zanzibar: Swimming with turtles and enjoying the beaches of Nungwi
- Zanzibar: Jozani National Park & Dinner at The Rock are a must if staying near Paje